Our highly sought-after positions at Bateman, Gordon & Sands are filled only with the qualified candidates that also possess integrity and character. Hiring an employee starts with the right applicant that is experienced, highly skilled, and motivated. With the high demand for one of our positions, we are restricted to interviewing only the most eligible candidates. If we have a position available that you are eligible for and have these characteristics, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Employment OpportunitiesP&C Risk Advisor
- Sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills and a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through the agency.
- Capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts and retaining book of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve revenue objectives established in annual producer sales budget/plan.
- Build an active pipeline by prospecting for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of making sales appointments and establishing long term relationships.
- Contact and qualify prospective clients to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, products and records.
- Review market analyses to determine client needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Develop, deliver, and explain formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage, limits, deductibles, and other pertinent information.
- Collect monies including deposits and signed required forms and finance agreements from client before binding a policy at renewal or new along with signed authorization to bind.
- Work with account managers to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Document activity, notes and prospect data in management systems.
- Conduct client appointments communicating renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Introduce service team to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to assigned service person.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved when required.
- Communicate with service team of all pertinent information from client for documentation to file.
- Review expiration list with service team to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients and underwriters.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent and a State of Florida 2-20 insurance license.
- Must have proven ability to pursue and close sales.
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
Staff will be exposed to confidential material. It will be their responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of such material in the strictest manner. Any violations of the confidentiality of records can result in immediate dismissal for cause.
To apply either complete the online application or mail in your resume.
Mail Your Resume to:
Bateman, Gordon & Sands, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3050 N Federal Hwy
Lighthouse Point, FL 33064
If you recently applied for a position, please note that your application/résumé has been added to the applicant pool for review for one year. If you are selected to interview for a position, you will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BATEMAN, GORDON & SANDS, INC. maintains a strong policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all Employees and applicants for employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of BATEMAN, GORDON & SANDS, INC. to be fair and impartial in all of its dealings with its Employees and applicants for employment and to base all employment-related decisions upon valid job-related factors, without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as of the classifications protected by applicable state or local laws. Our Equal Employment Opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment with BATEMAN, GORDON & SANDS, INC. including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, job benefits, pay, dismissal and educational assistance.