Our highly sought-after positions at Bateman, Gordon & Sands are filled only with the qualified candidates that also possess integrity and character. Hiring an employee starts with the right applicant that is experienced, highly skilled, and motivated. With the high demand for one of our positions, we are restricted to interviewing only the most eligible candidates. If we have a position available that you are eligible for and have these characteristics, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Employment OpportunitiesP&C Risk Advisor
- Sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills and a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through the agency.
- Capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts and retaining book of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve revenue objectives established in annual producer sales budget/plan.
- Build an active pipeline by prospecting for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of making sales appointments and establishing long term relationships.
- Contact and qualify prospective clients to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, products and records.
- Review market analyses to determine client needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Develop, deliver, and explain formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage, limits, deductibles, and other pertinent information.
- Collect monies including deposits and signed required forms and finance agreements from client before binding a policy at renewal or new along with signed authorization to bind.
- Work with account managers to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Document activity, notes and prospect data in management systems.
- Conduct client appointments communicating renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Introduce service team to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to assigned service person.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved when required.
- Communicate with service team of all pertinent information from client for documentation to file.
- Review expiration list with service team to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients and underwriters.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent and a State of Florida 2-20 insurance license.
- Must have proven ability to pursue and close sales.
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
Job Title: Commercial Lines Account Manager
Department: Commercial Lines
Reports To: Commercial Lines Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provide assistance to producers in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial lines business. Provide in-house customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate expirations with producer to obtain renewal and/or new business information.
- Maintain expiration control log.
- Assist in marketing new and renewal business, determine premiums, prepare presentation packets and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverages, signatures and input these transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer only when necessary.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Maintain all client activity in the agency automation system. Maintain files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E & O guidelines.
- Prioritize workload and/or request for assistance as required.
- Upon receipt of claim/loss, responsible for completing claim file, which includes policy verification, making preliminary or tentative determinations of coverage; for the purpose of payment and permanent record keeping.
- Assume other job responsibilities as assigned by department manager.
Minimum five years experience in similar position is desirable. Must be licensed with Florida 2-20. Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills both verbal and written. Should have thorough understanding of commercial lines underwriting and coverages.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and minimum five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to perform the following in English. Ability to read and interpret documents and
general business periodicals, safety rules, professional journals, technical procedure, government regulations and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence. Ability to speak and effectively present information before groups of customers or employees of organization and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
2-20 State of Florida
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Staff will be exposed to confidential material. It will be their responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of such material in the strictest manner. Any violations of the confidentiality of records can result in immediate dismissal for cause.
To apply either complete the online application or mail in your resume.
Mail Your Resume to:
Bateman, Gordon & Sands, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3050 N Federal Hwy
Lighthouse Point, FL 33064
If you recently applied for a position, please note that your application/résumé has been added to the applicant pool for review for one year. If you are selected to interview for a position, you will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BATEMAN, GORDON & SANDS, INC. maintains a strong policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all Employees and applicants for employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of BATEMAN, GORDON & SANDS, INC. to be fair and impartial in all of its dealings with its Employees and applicants for employment and to base all employment-related decisions upon valid job-related factors, without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as of the classifications protected by applicable state or local laws. Our Equal Employment Opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment with BATEMAN, GORDON & SANDS, INC. including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, job benefits, pay, dismissal and educational assistance.