Commercial Lines Producer
Bateman, Gordon & Sands, Inc.
Job Title: Commercial Lines Producer
Department: Commercial Lines
Reports To: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills and a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through the agency.
- Capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts and retaining book of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve objectives established in annual producer sales budget/plan.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of making sales appointments and establishing long term relationships.
- Contact and qualify prospective clients to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, products and records.
- Review market analyses to determine client needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Develop, deliver, and explain formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage, limits, deductibles, and other pertinent information.
- Collects monies including deposits and signed required forms and finance agreements from client before binding a policy at renewal or new along with signed authorization to bind.
- Work with account managers to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conduct client appointments communicating renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Introduce service team to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to assigned service person.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved when required.
- Communicate with service team of all pertinent information from client for documentation to file.
- Review expiration list with service team to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients and underwriters.
- Minimum one year experience in similar position is required. Must be licensed with 2-20 State of Florida
- Must have proven ability to pursue and close sales.
3. Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills both verbal and written. Must have complete thorough understanding of commercial lines underwriting and coverages.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent.
Must be able to perform the following in English. Ability to read and interpret legal documents and general business periodicals, safety rules, professional journals, technical procedure, financial reports, government regulations and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence. Ability to speak and effectively present information before groups of customers or employees of organization and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written , oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
2-20 State of Florida
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Close vision and color vision required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Staff will be exposed to confidential material. It will be their responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of such material in the strictest manner. Any violations of the confidentiality of records can result in immediate dismissal for cause.
In addition to a competitive salary, Bateman, Gordon & Sands, Inc. offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits:
- Group Medical
- Group Dental
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Vacation and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Corporate Sponsored Celebrations and Events
- Flexible spending accounts
To complete an online application click here
RESUMES CAN BE MAILED TO:Bateman, Gordon & Sands, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3050 N Federal Hwy
Lighthouse Point, FL 33064
If you recently applied for a position, please note that your application/résumé has been added to the applicant pool for review for one year. If you are selected to interview for a position, you will be contacted by Human Resources.